Monday, June 10, 2013

Vitamins for Goats

Hi, it's Celia again!

Goats need more than good grain and fresh pasture to be healthy. They need vitamins, just like me! But I take mine in a pill (when I take it) and they take there's "loose". That means it's ground up.



 It's put in this little  feeder inside their shed.


 They can eat as much as they want. Jack loves it!

I give them baking soda, too.

Goats have 4 stomachs and baking soda helps weaken the acid in their first stomach (the rumen). I wouldn't want my stomach acid to be strong either if I spent my day spitting up my food, chewing it some more, swallowing it, spitting it back up, chewing it some more...It's like heartburn on demand. It's kinda gross when I think about it. So I don't think about it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't see this that are natural as gross. As a family that is closer to nature and food production than others you should understand that what would freak many people out is really just how animals, insects, etc. create the food we eat. I think when societies make what is natural "gross" we start down a road that leads us away from doing things that are better and healthier for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Jenkins, that is very true. ~ celia

    ReplyDelete