Saturday, June 29, 2013

Update on Jello

Hi, it's Celia again!

I'm sorry I haven't posted this week. Last week our church had its Youth Camp, and Mom, Farm Hand Dad, and I worked there for three days straight. Well, Dad and I worked there for three whole days, but Mom came home after dinner. She wakes up at 5:30, but to do that she has to be in bed by 9 or she is cranky. Or she oversleeps and can't get all of her work done, which makes her DOUBLE cranky. But Farm Hand Dad and I were there from early in the morning until late at night.

Anyway, that put us far, far, behind on our chores. So this week Mom and I have been catching up on chores (we're not caught up yet). And I started working at a second stable, which takes up about one day a week.  PLUS I've been working on a very big and exciting surprise. I can't wait to tell you what it is, but not yet. Soon!

So today I thought I'd give you an update on Jello the goat chicken. If you didn't read about Jello, you can do it here.


Jello is doing a very good job at keeping the bugs down in the goats' pen. See the tire in the picture? We put the food pan inside the tire so the goats don't kick it over. The only problem with that is food and water gets trapped in the tire, so every once in a while we have to clean it out. And since we didn't clean it out last week because of Youth Camp it got very stinky. So we cleaned it out today, and although there was a whole lot of stinky fermenting grain in the tire, there wasn't a whole lot of bugs. Good job, Jello! You can see her picking through the grain and gunk that we knocked out of the tire.



And guess what? Jello started laying. She lays one egg a day inside Babybel's cage. If you forgot why we put Babybel in a cage, you can read about it here.   We just have to remember to take the egg out before we put Babybel in her cage at night, or Mom isn't happy.



Well thanks so much for understanding about me not posting. I will try to post more often from now on!



No comments:

Post a Comment