Thursday, June 13, 2013

Morgan the Milk Maid

Hi, it's Celia again.

My friend Morgan is a born farmer. She gets up early. She works hard. She has a good attitude.

This morning she helped me with the milking. Morgan got up at 6 am. A.M. She had her breakfast and then waited patiently for me to wake up. I don't wake up until 7, and that's with a little (okay, a lot) help from Mom. But Morgan and I had to go to camp by 8, so we needed to get up and get moving.

Here are Morgan and Mom milking Mali. I was tired, so I volunteered to take the pictures.


Here is the little basket of corn we have ready for Jack in case he escapes from the goat yard. If he escapes and we don't have it ready, he jumps on Mali's milking stand to get her grain. Mali doesn't like that.


Here's the sanitizer we use. We use it to wipe down Mali's udder, to wipe our hands before we milk, to dip Mali's teats in after we milk, and to clean the equipment. Cleanliness is next to Godliness!


Here's a close up of Mom milking, and one of the back of Mali's head in the stanchion.


And here we are with Mali and the kids, taking the up to the top of the hill for grazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment