Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stick with the Herd

Hi, it's Celia again!

Mom and I really want to fence in the whole property, but that's expensive. So we tether Mali, our milk goat, and let her eat all the grass, trees, and shrubs she can reach. Recently I started letting her baby, Babybel, out with her untethered. It was Farm Hand Dad's idea. He didn't think the baby would stray far from her mother. He is right! Babybel stays very close to Mali. So after I saw Babybel would stick around, I started letting Jack out. He stays around Mali, too, even though she's not his mother. I think it's because they are all part of the same herd, and the herd sticks together. Here's a picture of Mali, in the background, with Babybel. They're eating some of their favorite things--rosebushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment