Saturday, May 10, 2014

Update: Mom (for Mother's Day)

Hi, it's Celia again.

Yesterday I gave you an update on Dad, and today it's Mom's turn. Just in time for Mother's Day! Some of you may know my mom, but I'm going to tell you some things that you probably don't know about her.

1. She wakes up with the sun. So in the summer she wakes up early (around 5:30) and in the winter she sleeps in until 7. Notice I said "wake up" and not "get up". Sometimes she lies in bed for a while.

2. Mom organizes her kitchen utensils by color. Wood in one crock, metal in a second, black in a third.

3. When she was little she wanted to be a plumber. Until she learned about the government. Then she decided to be president. Between you and me, I think she still secretly wants to be.

4. She's willing to try almost anything, because she's not afraid to get it wrong. In her mind, there's no such thing as failure, just learning how not to do something. Her mom taught her that.

5. She falls a lot. A LOT. She fell twice today in the span of 15 minutes.

6. This you know. I love her and she loves me. She's the best mom and co-farmer in the world. Happy Mother's Day, Mom!




No comments:

Post a Comment