Thursday, May 8, 2014

Snazzy goats

Hi, it's Celia again!

Last week we had a dog attack our goats. The goats are okay, but Brie broke her collar. We had to replace it along with two leads that were snapped during the attack. You can read more about that incident here.

I think that a goat absolutely needs to wear a collar. It really helps you control the goat. If it doesn't have a collar than you need to grab its horns (ouch!) or ears to make it do what you want. A collar just makes life easier. No one makes goat collars, so Mom and I went to our favorite pet store to buy a dog collar and leads.

Our favorite pet store!

Good news! The leads were on sale, so we had enough money to buy not only a replacement collar for Brie, but collars for Taz and Cooper, my baby goats. So many choices! It took me a long time to make a decision. I loved the day glow orange one. It had an LED light that blinked.
 After some consideration, I decided that Brie probably wouldn't like having a flashing light around her neck. I loved this pink one with the metal spikes, too.

But nothing says goat like a GLITTER collar! They were definitely the best. So I got Brie a pink one, and Taz a blue one. I didn't think a boy goat should wear glitter, so Cooper got a green one. Here are the goats with their stunning new collars:

Here's Brie sporting a pink glitter collar.

Taz is wearing a blue glitter collar. It's a little big.


And here's Cooper looking dapper in his green collar.

And of course, Mom got me a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment