Friday, April 25, 2014

Update: Babybel

Hi, it's Celia again!

Now that I'm back to writing my blog I thought I would give you an update on some of my animals. First up is my goat Babybel. She was born last year here on the farm to Mali. She is a little over a year old, and she only has one horn due to a botched dehorning job. It didn't hurt her, but she looks kind of funny. She is the sweetest little goat, and  I THINK SHE'S PREGNANT! I say "think" because I didn't actually see her get bred, but she was with two bucks during mating season, so we'll see. For the kind of goats I have mating season is from August through December. Does are pregnant for 5 months, so if my math is right (and it may not be since I stink at math) she should give birth by the end of May if she was bred. Her belly is getting bigger, and I think she's developing an udder. Here are some pictures of her.


Doesn't she look a little plump?



Here she is enjoying some violets. This is a good shot of her mono-horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment